World of Darkness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Riley

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ann DuFay/Dorothy Renolds

Riley Empty
PostSubject: Riley   Riley I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 1:41 pm

Once again, you have work today. Do you head to the Avion store?
Back to top Go down
Riley

Riley

Riley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riley   Riley I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 3:44 pm

Yeah, I'd head to work (I'll need to talk to you sometime about my ritual spellcasting, I'm sure I'd have some spells up 24/7, I just need to figure out which ones)
Back to top Go down
http://Imaplaywithyourmind.org

Riley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riley   Riley I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 10:54 pm

Yes, please figure out which ones for your next post so we can establish that early on. If there's any spells you need to cast on a daily basis I'm going to assume they are not in effect right now since you were busy with the party for a long time last night and were rushed out the door today.

Anyway, you get to the store with no problems and behind the counter you recognize your new boss, Daphne. She smiles and gestures for you to come over. "Right on time I see! I like that in a new sales rep." She looks you over. "You look very nice, but what make-up are you wearing? Remember, it's very important while you're here that you only wear our own products. It just looks bad for us otherwise."
Back to top Go down
Riley

Riley

Riley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riley   Riley I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 8:15 am

Erm, yeah...I'll keep that in mind. How would you like me to get started?
Back to top Go down
Aarram Draper/Simon Theo.

Riley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riley   Riley I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 5:42 pm

"Well there's the normal ins and outs of any retail job. I'm sure you've mastered how to work the register from your training and you should feel fairly familiar with our products by now. The most important thing you still need to learn about is our latest sales promotion plan." She hands you a flyer from a pile behind the counter. It's an advertisement/free entry ticket to a night club called 'The Lost/Found'.

"We're giving these to our most loyal customers, the ones who come by most often and show a special preference for Avion products. Right now we have 'secret' products that Avion is especially interested in promoting, namely our new lines of lipstick and lip gloss. So if you see a customer who seems very enthusiastic about those, be sure to give her a flyer. Do you have any questions?"
Back to top Go down
Riley

Riley

Riley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riley   Riley I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 8:55 pm

In what way are they "secret"? Why would they be secret if you, erm, we want to promote them?
Back to top Go down

Riley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riley   Riley I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 11:28 pm

"Well the idea is to regularly rotate the products that are more likely to get the customers special items and deals. That way they're motivated to buy a variety of goods." She glances up at the sound of the door opening and you see Sammy coming in. "Oh! Here's a good opportunity. This lady has become a semi-regular lately. See if she goes for our special products and if she does be sure to give her the flyer."
Back to top Go down
Riley

Riley

Riley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riley   Riley I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 2:13 pm

"Hello, welcome to Avion, can I interest you in anything in particular today?" *Gives Sammy a look to say "you don't know me!!!"*
Back to top Go down

Riley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riley   Riley I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 2:47 pm

Sammy makes an 'Oh I see what you're doing there!' face and speaks with a voice that sounds like a bad actor reading stilted lines. "Why yes, good sales lady. I would like to purchase some of your fine products!"

She reaches into the nearest bin of lip glosses and grabs about ten of them, apparently at random since she doesn't even bother to look at what types she's getting. "Could you please ring these up for me?"
Back to top Go down
Riley

Riley

Riley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riley   Riley I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 5:38 pm

*Sneaks a nervous look at her superior* "Is there anything else I can interest you in today? I see you are in the market for some lip products, have you tried our new line?" *points to special products*
Back to top Go down

Riley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riley   Riley I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 9:52 pm

(Sorry those lips glosses were from one of the special lines.)

Sammy's eyes wander to the lipsticks you pointed to. "Sure, you guys always have the best stuff! They always make me feel like I'm on top of the world!" She grabs five lipsticks, again seemingly at random.
Back to top Go down
Riley

Riley

Riley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riley   Riley I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 11:21 pm

*Internal groan* I'd be happy to ring those up for you, and as a loyal customer we'd like to offer you this coupon. *hands over flyer* Will this be all for you today? *Looks over purchases* Wow, you must really like pomegranate...heehee
Back to top Go down

Riley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riley   Riley I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 1:06 am

*somewhat distractedly* "Yeah, I guess that's all I need. It doesn't really matter what flavor I get; they all work well." She looks over the flyer. "Ooo! This looks neat! I thought I'd hit all the clubs in town, but I guess this one's new! Would you like to come with me, Riley?"
Back to top Go down
Riley

Riley

Riley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riley   Riley I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 12:11 am

Umm...we can talk about that later. I'll call you. *Rings her up* The total is X dollars.
Back to top Go down

Riley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riley   Riley I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 3:50 pm

Sammy pouts a bit but can take a hint. She gives you the money and heads out of the store. Once she's gone your boss turns to face you. "I hate to intrude on your personal life, Riley. But I'm afraid you won't be allowed into that club without one of our flyers and you need to prove yourself to be a loyal customer like anyone else in order to get one. You won't be able to go to Lost/Found with your friend anytime soon. Still, you did a good job with your first customer. Keep up the good work!"
Back to top Go down
Riley

Riley

Riley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riley   Riley I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 10:57 pm

Thanks!

*Thinks: Haha, like Hell I wouldn't be able to get in...Also maybe I can buy some of those lip products off Sammy so she doesn't have to have spent so much money, especially in an act that didn't work.*
Back to top Go down

Riley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riley   Riley I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 12:10 pm

Alright, so unless there's something else you want to do the rest of your shift goes by uneventfully. At around five Dorothy comes in and waits for you to clock out.
Back to top Go down
Riley

Riley

Riley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riley   Riley I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 7:05 pm

I do what I need to do to finish up...at the last minute I buy myself some products so I can be made up at work the next morning, and then I head over to Dorothy.

"Hey lady, how' was your day? We out to be sneaky?"
Back to top Go down

Riley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riley   Riley I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 12:28 pm

What products did you buy in particular?

Dorothy nods. "Yeah, we've got to hurry though. I just called Cathy and she says our guy is still at the station, but his shift is ending right now. She'll try and stall him for a bit so we can show up and follow him." She makes a 'hurry up' gesture and starts to leave the store.
Back to top Go down
Riley

Riley

Riley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riley   Riley I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 9:59 pm

I don't know, what does it matter, some make-up stuff...I don't wear make-up...whatever a girl like Riley would buy!

Follows Dorothy, goes to station?
Back to top Go down

Riley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riley   Riley I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 12:42 am

Dorothy parks outside the station and then sends a text message. About ten minutes later we both see Officer Norrell leave the station, get in a car a drive off. Dorothy begins to follow him.

"So Kid, now that we're on the trail I think we should work some stuff out. We're just going to follow and watch tonight, alright? Let's not confront him until we know where we stand and don't you dare do any of that brain-magic hoo-doo on him."
Back to top Go down
Riley

Riley

Riley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riley   Riley I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 8:47 pm

"I guess I could say "Of course I won't do anything stupid" but I'm just going to assume you were joking because I know by now you must have a *tiny* bit more respect and trust for me than that.

You know, you really have some interesting reactions to those of us who are no longer exactly human, when you don't realize you're the lucky one to get to stay you."

*Looks out window*
Back to top Go down

Riley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riley   Riley I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 11:29 pm

Ann smirks. "No, I'm pleased as punch that I'm still all human. Really, it's in the best interests of the world at large. If I were a werewolf I'd have way too much fun messing with people, if I were a vampire I'd probably kill myself, and if I were a mage..." Her voice gains a hard edge. "Well if I were a mage I wouldn't waste my powers the way you do."
Back to top Go down
Riley

Riley

Riley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riley   Riley I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 4:44 pm

I'm really tired of this judgy attitude of yours. If you have a problem with me come out and say it. I may have made some mistakes at the beginning, getting used to my magic, but I'm really learning now so open your eyes and get over it.

You know I didn't ask for this. You think I'd be a creepy mind mage if I could have chosen? I'm just trying to make the best of it. And this isn't cake for me, by opening myself up to help us with my magic, I'm opening my self up to a whole lot of scary too! Most of my magic is protective spells on myself and you guys! Bet you didn't know that. If I need to joke about it to take the edge off, then that's what's gonna happen.

I deal with it all because it is what I have to offer, I can't fight like you guys can, so I'm going to do what I can. In fact, I've never asked how a regular journalist knows how to shoot a semi-automatic, deal in the black market, or break and enter. I figure, we all have our talents, I stay off your back so stay off mine.

If you don't want my help, then I'll find my way home (once we stop the car).
Back to top Go down

Riley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riley   Riley I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 6:55 pm

Ann is now looking uncharacteristically livid but she speaks very quietly. "Riley, shut up. You don't know what you're talking about. You talk about being defenseless, but you can't even begin to realize what it's like to be truly helpless. To be cold and alone for days on end and watch as the life of the person you care about most drains away while you can't do a damn thing about it.

"You weren't there at the beginning, back when it was only three of us and none of us knew a thing about what was going on. We spent weeks living in constant fear, not knowing what might attack us at any second, not knowing if we'd live to see the next day.

"I didn't know how to shoot when we started, Riley. Whatever you might secretly think of me I have never been a killer. I've learned how though. Even though I hate guns more than anything else in the world, I've learned. Because that's all I have to keep me and the people I love safe. One day we're going meet something that doesn't care about bullets and that's the day that I'm probably going to die.

"So don't you dare act like your superpowers are some great burden. You're always going to have them and there's so much they'll keep you safe from. I don't have the luxury of some 24 hour force field against any hidden enemies. You do. You don't have to worry about what they'll do to your mind if they drag you off and your friends are too busy hallucinating to save you. Hell, you can just open a door to your room and step away from it all if things get too hard or scary. Then your little boyfriend can make all your hurts go away."

Ahead of you Norrill's car stops and parks and Ann follow suit about a block away. "It looks like he's going into the city library. Let's go." She starts to get out of the car.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Riley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riley   Riley I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Riley
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next