World of Darkness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Test story: The good, the bad, and the not quite there.

Go down 
+3
Aarram Draper/Simon Theo.
Ann DuFay/Dorothy Renolds
Albert
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Albert

Test story: The good, the bad, and the not quite there. Empty
PostSubject: Test story: The good, the bad, and the not quite there.   Test story: The good, the bad, and the not quite there. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 3:36 pm

This is our test run.

The dark night gave way to a beautiful dawn as a heavy knock on the door wakes those in the living room up from the night before. It was just new years and we all came to my house to celibrate. Now we all were regreting how much fun we had (with the exception of the werewolf and the dead guy in the back yard). Everyone make wits+composure checks, all those 2 or greater here it unless you fell asleep up stairs which would then be 3 or greater. Also two months have passed so get the money that you would get. Also we will now have a real calendar for the year it will be the first day of year 2009 as I have some of those old calendars. We will now have a real week. So we will now begin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Test story: The good, the bad, and the not quite there.   Test story: The good, the bad, and the not quite there. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 4:29 pm

Dorothy doesn't hear the knock if she was able to steal Justaine's room (btw, is Kathy there? How much will she be around in general?). If she couldn't get that room she would be downstairs on the couch and, because of her aching headache, tell Aarram to get the door and let her know if it's anyone who wants to kill them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Test story: The good, the bad, and the not quite there.   Test story: The good, the bad, and the not quite there. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 4:32 pm

In either case Aarram hears the knock, puts on his brass knuckles just in case, and looks from the closest window to see who's there. (He rolled 3 successes, Dorothy got 2.)
Back to top Go down
Al

Al

PostSubject: Re: Test story: The good, the bad, and the not quite there.   Test story: The good, the bad, and the not quite there. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 4:51 pm

Al is dead asleep (hah, literally) buried in the backyard and hears absolutely nothing (rolled no successes). If you were to stand nearby though, you might just be able to hear the ground snoring. Sleep

To Alex: i hope Kathy is around enough that I can make my confession to her

To Albert: its too bad I missed your call. Is that your house phone, because I didn't recognize the number?

To everyone: Woot! its so good to get this started Razz
Back to top Go down
Albert

PostSubject: Re: Test story: The good, the bad, and the not quite there.   Test story: The good, the bad, and the not quite there. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 6:54 pm

Looking out you see a tall man who is looking up at the house. He looks slightly worried though. He looks up at the house and then back to the patrol car that is sitting in the drive way. He is wearing a collared shirt and some nice pants. There is another man in the patrol car. Make another perception check.

(After today I will be on two times a day, once in the morning between 7:15 and 9:00 and then again a little after nine at night.)
Back to top Go down
Riley

Riley

PostSubject: Re: Test story: The good, the bad, and the not quite there.   Test story: The good, the bad, and the not quite there. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 7:23 pm

Zzzzzzzz (1 success both rolls)
Back to top Go down
http://Imaplaywithyourmind.org

PostSubject: Re: Test story: The good, the bad, and the not quite there.   Test story: The good, the bad, and the not quite there. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 9:04 pm

Four more successes. What do I see?
Back to top Go down
Al

Al

PostSubject: Re: Test story: The good, the bad, and the not quite there.   Test story: The good, the bad, and the not quite there. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 9:20 pm

I had 3 successes. Do I hear anything? (not that it would really matter since its daylight out)
Back to top Go down
Myra

Myra

PostSubject: Re: Test story: The good, the bad, and the not quite there.   Test story: The good, the bad, and the not quite there. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 9:46 pm

Myra is completely knackered (0 successes). She is, at the moment, in her puppy form, and dreaming of chasing a rabbit. if anyone's watching, it's actually incredibly adorable. Very Happy

@Albert: Sorry I missed you, too! I was at a doctor's appointment, and in general terrible at returning calls.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Test story: The good, the bad, and the not quite there.   Test story: The good, the bad, and the not quite there. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 10:38 pm

2 Successes!
Back to top Go down
Albert

PostSubject: Re: Test story: The good, the bad, and the not quite there.   Test story: The good, the bad, and the not quite there. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 8:58 am

Alright then you see that there is a bulg under the man outsides shirt on the left side. As for the patrol car you can get the licence plate if you make a Int+composure role of at least one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Test story: The good, the bad, and the not quite there.   Test story: The good, the bad, and the not quite there. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 11:39 am

(Sorry, this is going to get confusing. For some reason my Aarram account isn't working. (Kate, do you know why that might be? It just keeps saying that the account is inactive or invalid) So this is me posting as Aarram.)

He gets 3 successes for noting the license plate number, takes a quick look around the inside to make sure there's nothing out (like weapons) that he wouldn't want a cop to see (1 success for w+c), then takes off one set of the brass knuckles.

He goes to the door and keeps his be-knuckled hand out of sight behind it as he opens it slightly, prepared to close it quickly.

*charming smile* "Hello, can I help you?"

(Btw Albert, you may want to start specifically addressing who's doing th rolling if it's not everyone. I think we all thought that we all had another wc roll instead of just Simon.)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Test story: The good, the bad, and the not quite there.   Test story: The good, the bad, and the not quite there. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 12:15 pm

@Alex: I was making sure that I had everyone as moderators and when I went to switch Arram's permissions I apparently changed his name to 'am'. Rolling Eyes It's back to normal now.
Back to top Go down
http://worldofdarkness.forumjonction.com
Albert

PostSubject: Re: Test story: The good, the bad, and the not quite there.   Test story: The good, the bad, and the not quite there. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 9:06 am

"Hello I am detective Gran with the Chicago PD. Ummm.... is this (He pulls a small piece of paper out of his pocket) the home of detective Justain Laroe?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Test story: The good, the bad, and the not quite there.   Test story: The good, the bad, and the not quite there. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 2:42 pm

*Quirks an eyebrow.* "I'd think you'd know his name at least. Aren't you coworkers?"
Back to top Go down
Albert

PostSubject: Re: Test story: The good, the bad, and the not quite there.   Test story: The good, the bad, and the not quite there. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 10:27 pm

"I've never met the guy. Is this this house or not?" His tone implies bordium.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Test story: The good, the bad, and the not quite there.   Test story: The good, the bad, and the not quite there. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 12:09 am

Also trying to sound board. "It is. Is he in trouble for something? I hope the neighbors weren't complaining about how loud we were last night."
Back to top Go down
Myra

Myra

PostSubject: Re: Test story: The good, the bad, and the not quite there.   Test story: The good, the bad, and the not quite there. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 12:55 am

Haha!! Love it.
Back to top Go down
Albert

PostSubject: Re: Test story: The good, the bad, and the not quite there.   Test story: The good, the bad, and the not quite there. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 9:16 am

"No he is not in any trouble. I just need to speak with him about some of his work. Could you please tell him to come here if he is home."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Test story: The good, the bad, and the not quite there.   Test story: The good, the bad, and the not quite there. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 11:01 am

"Sure, hold on." Aarram closes the door on the officer and heads upstairs into Justain's room. Assuming he's still asleep, Aarram shakes him a few times. "Hey, wake up. You've got a nervous-looking co-worker downstairs. The kind with a badge. He says he wants to see you."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Test story: The good, the bad, and the not quite there.   Test story: The good, the bad, and the not quite there. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 11:26 pm

*Story conveyed from Albert: Justain gets up without saying much because he's cranky and hung over. He goes downstairs and outside to talk to the officer, closing the door behind him. All that can be heard from the inside is muffled voices.*

Simon goes back downstairs and wakes up Myra and Riley then quickly explains the situation.

"...so the guy says Justain's not in trouble, but I don't know what other reason he'd be coming to the house instead of just calling him."
Back to top Go down
Myra

Myra

PostSubject: Re: Test story: The good, the bad, and the not quite there.   Test story: The good, the bad, and the not quite there. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 2:08 am

"Yeah, that does sound odd... Maybe it's something he didn't want to be overheard talking about down at the station? Maybe it's something kinda strange, something on the supernatural side, and somebody told him that Justain's the sort of cop who follows leads like that." Myra gets up and dressed, and moves out onto the landing to try to overhear the conversation going on downstairs. She whispers back to Arram "But you're probably right to be suspicious, we don't really have a good track record with house calls."
Back to top Go down
Riley

Riley

PostSubject: Re: Test story: The good, the bad, and the not quite there.   Test story: The good, the bad, and the not quite there. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 11:49 am

"I'm sure whatever it is, we'll know soon enough. No point worrying until we know what to worry about."

Riley yawns, stretches, get up and heads to the kitchen to put on some coffee before diving for the bathroom and claiming the shower.

Through the bathroom door "If there is a plate of eggs and toast waiting for me when I get out, I promise not to use up all the hot water!"
Back to top Go down
http://Imaplaywithyourmind.org
Myra

Myra

PostSubject: Re: Test story: The good, the bad, and the not quite there.   Test story: The good, the bad, and the not quite there. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 5:57 pm

Myra tries to sneakily assume a more convenient location to watch what's going on in the doorway, and wonders how Riley likes her eggs.
Back to top Go down
Albert

PostSubject: Re: Test story: The good, the bad, and the not quite there.   Test story: The good, the bad, and the not quite there. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 10:48 pm

Justain comes out of the room he was talking with the man in and then goes upstairs. Comming down with Cathy. They go into the room and a few minutes later Justain comes out and goes into his basement.

(I will still be playing but Alx will be the ST from now on.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Test story: The good, the bad, and the not quite there.   Test story: The good, the bad, and the not quite there. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Test story: The good, the bad, and the not quite there.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
World of Darkness :: Game Play :: The Story-
Jump to: