World of Darkness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Confessions of a vampire father

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Al

Al

Confessions of a vampire father Empty
PostSubject: Confessions of a vampire father   Confessions of a vampire father I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 1:48 pm

So, as per Alex's post, I thought I'd start a thread where Al attempts that awkward conversation with Kathy.

So, earlier one night, Al invites Kathy over for some pizza and beer to do some catching up:

As Al, answers the door and lets Kathy in he gives her a hug and gives her a beer. "Kathy, how're you doin'? Come on in, take a seat. So, how's, um, things with Dorothy?"

------------------------------------------------------
As an aside to Alex: I'm trying to remember the most recent adventure it was where Kathy joined us. It was the one where Myra had to arrange the werewolf meetings right?
Back to top Go down
Aarram Draper/Simon Theo.

PostSubject: Re: Confessions of a vampire father   Confessions of a vampire father I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 2:48 pm

(Yes, I'm pretty sure she wasn't there for our last big battle.)

Kathy walks into the room somewhat stiffly, but if she's nervous it doesn't show beneath her stern cop-face. She sits down. "Things are going pretty well. Dorothy's been very kind about taking things slow and helping me get back on my feet." Her voice sounds devoid of emotion as she says it though. She stares at you neutrally, waiting for your next move.
Back to top Go down
Al

Al

PostSubject: Re: Confessions of a vampire father   Confessions of a vampire father I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 3:41 pm

Al sits across from her. "And how's that going? Getting back on your feet I mean? Um, are you getting back on your feet alright?"
Back to top Go down
Ann DuFay/Dorothy Renolds

PostSubject: Re: Confessions of a vampire father   Confessions of a vampire father I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 3:57 pm

"I'm doing about as well you'd expect. They've keeping me at a desk position down at the station. Seem to think that I'm not up to chasing the bad guys anymore. It doesn't help that I spent a week babbling about vampires after you guys found me." She pauses. "How have you been doing?"
Back to top Go down
Al

Al

PostSubject: Re: Confessions of a vampire father   Confessions of a vampire father I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 9:58 am

Al fidgets. "Oh I've been doing well." *pauses* "Actually, there's been something I've been meaning to tell you, especially since you're getting involved in this underworld fighten' group, but I was wanting to wait until you were a little more recovered from, well, your ordeal. You see, I may not be a very good father, but when I heard you were missing, I got in touch with officer Justain to help find you. Well, in the process I think we all found out that there's creepy things out there. Well, one of those creepies, a vampire, followed me home and bit me." Al is looking at the floor and wringing his hands.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Confessions of a vampire father   Confessions of a vampire father I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 10:24 am

Kathy suddenly bursts from her chair and gets as close to the door as possible with actually leaving the room. "Does that mean what I think it does?" She looks absolutely terrified.
Back to top Go down
Al

Al

PostSubject: Re: Confessions of a vampire father   Confessions of a vampire father I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 10:37 am

"Aw shit. Kathy, yes, I'm dead now, I guess, but you're still my daughter and I would never hurt you. Hell this whole time I was just trying to protect you. I know this is had to accept, hell, it was hard for me to accept. Just 'cause I got bit in the line of duty, as it were, doesn't mean I'm one of the bad guys."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Confessions of a vampire father   Confessions of a vampire father I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 11:07 am

She starts hyperventilating a bit. "I can't believe this is happening. Oh God, I'm an orphan now! They took both of them from me!" Looks directly at Al and sounds a bit strained. "I don't believe you! If you're really one of those psychotic leeches then prove it! Vamp out right now!" She reaches a hand toward the cross necklace she's wearing.
Back to top Go down
Al

Al

PostSubject: Re: Confessions of a vampire father   Confessions of a vampire father I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 1:24 pm

"Hey now, I'm still here for you, well... as much as I ever was, and I'm not a psychotic leech. And I'm not going to 'vamp out' *using air quotations*" Al, who has been standing with his palms out in a pleading gesture then walks over and takes the nearest mirror off the wall "If you want proof, look at my reflection." the reflection in the mirror seems unusually blurry and none of Al's features can be seen clearly in it whereas everything else is reflected normally.

To Alex or Albert: I'm getting the vampire book in a couple of days, but until then, I can't remember reading if crosses had any effect. Do they?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Confessions of a vampire father   Confessions of a vampire father I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 2:17 pm

Kathy starts when Al stands up, but keeps her cool until she sees his reflection. She then goes even more pale and dry heaves a bit. "Oh God. Dad, you're a monster." She begins to shake and holds her cross tighter but she has not yet confronted you with it.

(I looked it up and I'm not 100% sure that this is right, but I found one source that says you have to make a willpower save if you're confronted with a cross and if you fail you have to flee the place until the end of the scene (which we'll just say is this conversation).)
Back to top Go down
Al

Al

PostSubject: Re: Confessions of a vampire father   Confessions of a vampire father I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 4:19 pm

Al collapses back onto the chair. "I'm real sorry, honey. I just thought you oughtta' know. I guess I thought it would be harder to have found out any other way."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Confessions of a vampire father   Confessions of a vampire father I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 6:40 pm

She takes a few calming breaths but still seems shaken. "Yeah, I'm guessing that's why my girlfriend didn't tell me about you. How am I supposed to believe that you're still my dad? Is it like the stories? Have you lost your soul and become a demon that feeds on the innocent?" Pauses to look him over. "And I thought that vampires were supposed to have a better fashion sense."

(She's your daughter, so it's totally okay for her to say things like that. ) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Al

Al

PostSubject: Re: Confessions of a vampire father   Confessions of a vampire father I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 10:37 pm

Al chuckles. "First off, I still have my soul. Secondly, I don't kill innocent people. And as to my taste in fashion, show me something more comfortable than my overalls, and maybe I'll wear it, but I think you'll be sorely disappointed if you think I'll ever look good in gothed-out tight black leather and chains. But hey, I did wear a suit for this one really weird and fancy shindig. I just happen to have a new curfew, a new diet, and as a side effect a few nifty new tricks." pauses "So are you going to be ok?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Confessions of a vampire father   Confessions of a vampire father I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 12:50 am

She takes a few deep breaths. "I don't know. I can't just take your word for all of this. I'll need to do research, figure out if there's anything to separate you from the ones who chained me up and all that." She shudders a bit but then collects herself. "For the moment I'd say we're at least at a truce though."

She reaches into her pocket and pulls out a small tube-like container. "Dorothy said that after we talked I should give this to you. That it would help you 'fulfill your role' better." She opens the tube, looks inside and laughs, then tosses the glitter inside over Al.
Back to top Go down
Al

Al

PostSubject: Re: Confessions of a vampire father   Confessions of a vampire father I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 3:20 pm

Al presses his lips in a 'o great' expression. "Of course Dorothy would. Damn sparkly Twilight sissies." Wipes some sparkles off his grease stained overalls. "well I'm glad to hear that you've decided that I'm not a psychotic killer. But the research idea is a good one in general. The more you know about all this crazy stuff the better."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Confessions of a vampire father   Confessions of a vampire father I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 11:09 pm

She nods. "Yeah, I guess so." Awkward pause. "So, um, since you don't eat normally anymore can I take the pizza home with me? I, uh, thought maybe I could share it with Dorothy or something."
Back to top Go down
Al

Al

PostSubject: Re: Confessions of a vampire father   Confessions of a vampire father I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 1:16 pm

"Sure thing. Like you said, I won't be eaten' it anytime soon. Tell Dorothy Hi for me and I'll see you around i guess."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Confessions of a vampire father   Confessions of a vampire father I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 9:38 am

She nods and heads off.

(Good working with you April! Let me know if you want any other things played out!)
Back to top Go down
Al

Al

PostSubject: Re: Confessions of a vampire father   Confessions of a vampire father I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 11:37 am

(That was a fun scene! Anyways, in retrospect, I just found this page, which answers some of the questions that were brought up: http://wiki.white-wolf.com/worldofdarkness/index.php?title=Vampire:_The_Requiem_General_FAQ according to this, it isn't so clear as to whether the vampire has a soul or not, and holy objects may not have much of an effect without True Faith. Also it appears that garlic has no effect either, but then again vampires don't eat anyways. It was an interesting little read anyways)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Confessions of a vampire father   Confessions of a vampire father I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Confessions of a vampire father
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
World of Darkness :: Game Play :: Retroactive Character Stories-
Jump to: