World of Darkness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Carnival

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Riley

Riley

Carnival Empty
PostSubject: Carnival   Carnival I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 11:55 am

*Some time in the past*

Back story:
We almost died...one of those many times we almost died...and Riley and Arram realized afterwards that they had not spent much time just hanging out recently so they decided to go to the carnival in town.

(If anyone else wants to go then feel free to join in, I'm sure we would have invited you.)

"Simon, do you feel like you're up for the carnival tomorrow? I know you got beat up pretty badly the other day..."
Back to top Go down
http://Imaplaywithyourmind.org
Al

Al

Carnival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carnival   Carnival I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 8:21 pm

Al decides 'hey, I almost died for the second time, might as well join you guys.'
Back to top Go down
Myra

Myra

Carnival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carnival   Carnival I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 8:57 pm

And I almost died too! I think we deserve an outing full of sugar highs and flashing lights...I've been craving fried dough, actually. We should go on the Ferris Wheel, I know the trick to picking the cart that get stuck at the top the most!"
Back to top Go down
Aarram Draper/Simon Theo.

Carnival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carnival   Carnival I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 9:43 am

Yes please! I've been dying to do something that makes me feel normal. ....Carnivals are places where you're not supposed to have guns, right?

(Sorry for the delay! Albert's visiting and I haven't been at my computer much! Also, a warning: I'll be at his place for a few days soon and thus will not update until Sunday. Sorry! I promise that you'll be getting many post per day from me again soon!)
Back to top Go down
Riley

Riley

Carnival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carnival   Carnival I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 2:07 pm

Thank gods for Myra and her magic fingers! And yes, no guns would be ideal. Don't worry, if the bearded lady starts looking at you funny I'll just zap her brain...just kidding! Don't look at me like that!
Back to top Go down
Al

Al

Carnival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carnival   Carnival I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 5:01 pm

As we enter the fair, Al smells the hot dogs, cotton candy, and all the other smells of the carnival. He is struck by the absence of the joy that those carnival smells used to be associated with. He is looking whist fully at the cotton candy stall when the water-pistol-game stall catches his eye. "Looky there. Anyone else wanna' test out their shooting skills with a game?"

(Would this be a firearms roll to figure out who would win the game?)
Back to top Go down
Riley

Riley

Carnival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carnival   Carnival I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 5:24 pm

Wow...wow...it just occurred to me...can you guys believe all this and I've still never fired a gun. Anybody have any tips?

(The rest of us should probably roll resolve so we don't go into a feeding frenzy at the fried dough, hot dogs, cotton candy, and popcorn...we could really use a god in this storyline Alex!)
Back to top Go down

Carnival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carnival   Carnival I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 9:24 pm

*looks around with a smile* Well, personally I can't wait to go on a roller coaster or two. They always used to scare me, but they've got to seem tame compared to everything we've been through lately.

(W+C roll for everybody.)
Back to top Go down
Al

Al

Carnival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carnival   Carnival I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 10:08 am

I roll 3 successes for W+C. Size restrictions are only for people who are too short right?
Back to top Go down

Carnival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carnival   Carnival I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 12:16 am

Usually, but I could see folks making an exception for you, big guy. *playfully jabs with elbow*

(Anyone who gets three successes or more sees someone familiar in the crowd. It's our old friend Hope (formerly played by our Aussie friend). She's currently dressed in casual clothes and is looking right at our group with a sour look on her face.)
Back to top Go down
Riley

Riley

Carnival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carnival   Carnival I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 10:59 pm

I do not see her, and again for some reason my post yesterday was cut off. I'll try to re-create it.

"I suppose it would be nice to be scared in a situation where I'm not fearing for my life or that of my friends, and there are no dead bodies...speaking of which, let's not go to the haunted house. Who knows what our trained reflexes would do..." *eyes Myra apprehensively*
Back to top Go down

Carnival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carnival   Carnival I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 1:51 am

Simon laughs. "Good point. I can't tell you how many times I've almost punched my boss at the modeling gig. He's got a thing for sneaking up behind me and yelling at me for some reason." He pauses, remembering something. "Hey Riley, you're still going to be out of school for a while, right? Would you like to get a job? My boss was just saying that the whole Avion company is looking to expand and it sounds like they're just giving away part-time stuff. I could hook you up with something."
Back to top Go down
Riley

Riley

Carnival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carnival   Carnival I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 12:15 pm

"Sure, I could use the extra cash and hone my investigative skills Very Happy

Ok, I can't stand it anymore, cotton candy here I come" *plows through crowd*

(Can we please see if anyone wins a prize at shooting?)
Back to top Go down
Al

Al

Carnival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carnival   Carnival I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 12:33 pm

(so shooting is firearms+dex I think)

Al picks up the bright neon blue and green water gun and aims for the target in the clown's mouth and pulls the trigger. The little water balloon attached to the clown starts to fill up.

(I rolled 2 success. How did everyone else do? lets see who filled up their target the fastest)
Back to top Go down
Riley

Riley

Carnival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carnival   Carnival I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 1:25 pm

Riley misses the clown's mouth entirely...
Back to top Go down

Carnival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carnival   Carnival I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 1:56 pm

Simon also misses the clown's mouth entirely. "...Well I didn't want the stupid stuffed giraffe anyway. Does anyone want to go on some bumper cars?"

(Lisa, if you decide to take the job Simon gets for you I'm going to assume that you have it in the main storyline. It's a job working behind the counter at one of the Avion make-up stores. Does Riley typically wear make-up?)
Back to top Go down
Riley

Riley

Carnival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carnival   Carnival I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 2:32 pm

I'd assume she does wear some make-up, she is striking after all.
Back to top Go down
Al

Al

Carnival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carnival   Carnival I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 7:25 pm

So i guess i get the stuffed giraffe huh? Um, any of you girls want it? Riley? (Al offers the giraffe to Riley).

(while Al holds the giant stuffed giraffe Al looks up and sees Hope)

Well sheeeit. I guess its a good thing Justain ain't here. Hey, how 'bout we go do that roller coaster thang. (Al tries to encourage the group to move off towards the roller coaster, which is the opposite direction from where he saw Hope)
Back to top Go down
Myra

Myra

Carnival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carnival   Carnival I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 9:37 pm

[Myra misses Hope, mostly because she is doggie-drooling over all of the delicious smells]

"Oh, heavens, I was always so lousy at those shooting games when I was a kid..."
Myra picks up the water pistols and promptly fails at life. \
"Darn it. I would think that shooting clowns would have been a vital life skill...Good job Al! You should give me some lessons sometime!" Very Happy

"Hey Riley, you should totally take him up on the offer, it'll do you good. Plus, you might worm your way into somebody's confidence...maybe make friends with the tech support guys, they're always good for digging around in a super-secret database of a super secretive corporation..."

*insert Al's comment*
"Why is it good Justain's not here? Does he get motion sick? pirat
Back to top Go down

Carnival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carnival   Carnival I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 9:41 pm

Simon frowns. "No way. I've seen Justain shoot backwards from a moving car that was doing its best impersonation of a monster truck. What's up, Al?"
Back to top Go down
Riley

Riley

Carnival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carnival   Carnival I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 10:56 am

*grabs giraffe and squeels* "Thanks Al!" *Rushes him for a hug, thinks better of it and sortof stands awkwardly...pats him on the arm*

(Wow, there are so many things to respond to)

*Oblivious* "I think it's too bad Justaine couldn't come. He needs some fun! But I agree, let's do the roller coaster. And Simon, you and I can talk job details at the end of the day, ok? I'd rather not spoil the fun with shop talk...either 9-5 grind or investigating the paranormal type shop talk haha."

*Eyes Simon for his immediate sticking up for Justain...huh, thought the Myra thing killed that crush...*
Back to top Go down

Carnival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carnival   Carnival I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 12:00 pm

Alright, fair enough. Let's go to the roller coasters everyone! *He still makes a point to hang back and walk with Al though.* So again, what's going on Al?
Back to top Go down
Al

Al

Carnival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carnival   Carnival I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 12:32 pm

To Simon: Oh i just saw Justain's partner back there. I know they didn't get along at all. Something's up with her. From what I can tell, she's unenlightened about all the supernatural stuff that's going on, but I saw her at that fancy shindig a while back. If I remember right, someone told me that the head vampire in the area is her "grandfather," or at least poses as such.
Back to top Go down

Carnival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carnival   Carnival I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 3:11 pm

Hmmm, well I don't want to get into any trouble at the moment. I think we should just keep an eye out for her. Who knows? She might just be here to enjoy the carnival too.
Back to top Go down
Myra

Myra

Carnival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carnival   Carnival I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 2:25 am

Myra walks ahead with Riley. "I used to hate the rollercoaster as a kid. My dad would ride with me and try to shake the car. The second coaster I ever went on he pretended like he was getting sucked out of his seat. I had nightmares forever!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Carnival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carnival   Carnival I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Carnival
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
World of Darkness :: Game Play :: Retroactive Character Stories-
Jump to: